Ir al contenido principal

Blog 3, 2022 : My dream job

Hello, the type of future job I would like to have would be as an archaeologist for a company, public or private, that finances work at archaeological sites but outside of Chile. I imagine myself being an assistant archaeologist, cleaning the archaeological record, and then storing it according to conservation standards for archaeological material. The skills I need would be to master the English language, to communicate with the foreign companies that will hire me, to be hardworking and communicative, because I will work in a team and I must be efficient during the archaeological work.



The salary in Chile as an archaeologist according to the general rumor says that the payment is low, but in the FACSO fellow graduates say that salaries can be from 600,000 pesos or possibly exceed that amount, but I prefer to work as an archaeologist in another country, regardless if it is not a very convenient salary. I am currently studying archaeology at FACSO in order to graduate from the university and thus be able to be part of research teams in the field and scientific studies in laboratories. It would be a dream to be an independent archaeologist for a while, so I could travel and look for sites on my own, study them and generate my own salary.

Comentarios

  1. Hi Paula! Whenever I think of anthropology I think of its archaeological branch. I think it is very interesting, I hope someday you can make it!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hello Paula! I think you are in the right place to achieve everything you want, it only depends on you, on the effort and desire you put into what you do!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Hello Paula, the branch of archeology has always seemed fantastic to me! I think you will be one of the best.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Blog 1 2022 : A country I would like to visit

    Which country would you like to go to?  For me  it's  Mexico because is   Plurinational State and I am  interested by its Indigenous people's history, also in meet persons indigenous and talking with them about culture .I know the country is North American ,  and have border with USA. I really want to go to Mexico because learned languages and cultures  Indigenous, I can buy lots of books ,  visit museums and archaeological sites ,also I like a tour with my family and explore every archaeological sites that we can know .  I thinks that maybe  work  there ,but first must know the country and see if  be advisable working , know the labour  law and have companions. I believe that study there depend on how is the education , if is public and qualities . I don't know if I would like to live there, I am repeat that must know if is dangerous living there ,  style  of the perso...

Blog 2 / 2022 : The best vacation ever

As a family (my mother, my two sisters and I) we traveled to Pichilemu (city and commune in the O'Higgins region, Chile) in 2017. It was a trip financed by the company where my mom worked at that time. In Pichilemu we stayed for a weekend, it was a short time but we enjoyed a lot staying in that place. We arrived there and went to the beach all three days, we ate a lot of smoked fish, 1 day we had lunch in a restaurant, and on the last two evenings of the vacation we went to a movie theater.  Those three days were so far the best vacation of my life because we do not usually travel to places so far away from our community and also the cost of transportation to get to Pichilemu was free, and that city was beautiful, the weather was cool and it was quiet. I was surprised when we found out that they did not use plastic bags in that place, only recycled bags or cloth bags, in collaboration to protect the environment and take care of the sea from pollution.